Friday, April 8, 2011

Snow, snow, go away.

I am not one to complain about the weather.  But this is getting a bit ridiculous for me.  Our neighbor told me this week that she remembers times that it has snowed on the 4th of July.  There was a short break in the daily snow showers last week, but now they are back.  The snow doesn't stick around for very long, but still..... there is snow every day. 

These are from this morning.  Really.  It is April 8th.  Not my favorite.

"X" was the letter of the week at preschool.  :)



Just to whine a little bit more.  Here is the 5 day forecast in Colorado.


Partly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy Light Rain / Wind Sunny Few Showers
Partly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy Light Rain / Wind Sunny Few Showers
71°F 68° 55° 67° 67°
High High High High High
40° 39° 36° 40° 40°
Low Low Low Low Low

And the 5 day forecast here in Oregon.  At least it doesn't call for snow.  But apparently the mostly sunny report for the day is not aware that it is currently snowing at my house. 






Mostly Sunny Mostly Cloudy Few Showers Few Showers Mostly Sunny
Mostly Sunny Mostly Cloudy Few Showers Few Showers Mostly Sunny
49°F 52° 54° 44° 50°
High High High High High
28° 33° 36° 27° 32°
Low Low Low Low Low


I will be amazed if I don't see snow in the next 5 days.  I just don't believe at this point that it will ever stop.  Hmmm.... if only I could leave the kids somewhere and go ski.  Then I might enjoy it a little bit more.  But instead, we'll just make some snow angels and enjoy our hot chocolate.

There.  Done whining.  Welcome to spring in Central Oregon.  :)

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, it's been super windy here in Fort Collins, along with a lot of wild fires around the front range. So it's warm, but we could take a few snow showers.

    We just had some friends visit from Oregon, and they said that all the liquor stores are state-owned there. You should look into it for one of your wacky wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete