Friday, March 25, 2011

Mostly snowy/rainy with a chance of sunshine.

Current weather outside out our front door.  We have snow flurries daily lately.
Our happy little region of the country 'boasts' that there are over 300 days of sunshine per year here.  It is on the website of nearly every vacation destination in the area.  According to my calculations, they are LYING. 

Check out the 5 day forecast:

Rain / Snow Showers Rain / Snow Snow Partly Cloudy Showers
Rain / Snow Showers Rain / Snow Snow Partly Cloudy Showers
39°F 39° 41° 46° 45°
High High High High High
32° 29° 28° 33° 35°
Low Low Low Low Low









We have lived here for nearly 4 months and this is what the forecast has looked like nearly the entire time. Although the sun does peak out from behind the clouds on occasion, there are very few days that I would classify as "mostly sunny".  Maybe I would buy it if I had moved here directly from Iowa (which I remember as being overcast a lot of the time), but having come from Colorado's bright blue sky, barely a cloud to be seen, sunshiny days, it doesn't compare.








That being said, the weather is not terrible by any means and it is still relatively mild.  Nothing to complain about.  I just don't see how the advertisement of more than 300 days of sunshine per year can possibly be accurate.  And just like my 4 1/2 year old, I really want the 'signs' or advertisements to be accurate.  Come on people.  :)   
















         

1 comment:

  1. The view outside your door looks like a snow-globe...that's how much I can relate anymore ;)

    ReplyDelete